Over the years, the relationships forged by The Achievable Foundation and the creation of a close-knit community gave us access to the voices of people we served and their families, helping us achieve what was once a dream: The Achievable Health Center, which focuses on people with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
We Need Your Help!
We’re looking for a few talented and conscientious patients to join our Board and volunteer to lead and strengthen our health care programs.
If you can contribute your time, thoughtfulness, and leadership one afternoon a month, and are interested in exploring this opportunity, contact Carmen Ibarra at 424-266-7476 or at email@example.com. Find out whether this opportunity is right for you.
We’re especially looking for folks from diverse backgrounds that are willing to commit their time and energy.
At The Achievable Health Center, our goal is to provide life-changing experiences for
patients, families and caregivers. We achieve this by offering a wide range of services, including:
- Vital, high-quality primary, and specialty care
- Medical professionals with expertise and comfort in caring for patients with developmental disabilities and other complex medical needs
- An accessible facility and medical equipment to accommodate people with disabilities
- A welcoming environment to help ease patient anxiety
- Longer visits with physicians to eliminate the sense of being rushed
- An integrated team approach to provide a unified, holistic, developmentally-appropriate health care plan
- Care for patients of all ages
- Patient-centered medical home model of care
- On-site mental health services and neurology services, and shorter waits to access services
- Diverse, bilingual providers and staff
- A care team who listens to patients’ concerns and treats them as part of our family
- Patient care coordination services for all patients
- Insurance eligibility and enrollment assistance
- Integration with social supports, including close communication with regional centers
- Co-location with Westside Regional Center, a social service agency coordinating services for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities
- Easily accessible electronic health records
We strive for patients to attain peace of mind knowing they are in good hands and can trust one place for all their health care needs. Our goal is to achieve long-term, positive health outcomes for our patients and community.
Our ultimate hope is to change the healthcare delivery system for individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities throughout the state, and possibly the nation. This is a huge task; we can’t do it alone.